Bob Secrist brings extensive education to back up his tutoring credentials.
- Muscatine Junior College, 1959
- University of Iowa, BA in mathematics, 1961
- University of South Dakota, MA in mathematics with physics minor, 1965
- Over 30 Additional Graduate Hours in Mathematics and Computer Science Studies: University of Iowa, University of Missouri - Rolla, WMU, MSU, US Army War College, Charleston College, Christian Brothers College, Harvard University, Princeton University
BOB'S 45 YEARS TEACHING EXPERIENCE
Bob Secrist's 20 years tutoring experience is coupled with over 45 years teaching experience.
- (1961 - 1965) North Scott High School, Eldridge, Iowa, Mathematics and Science
- (1965 - 2010) Kellogg Community College, Mathematics and Computer Science
- (2003 - 2006) Michigan Virtual High School, Online Calculus
- (1965 -1978) U.S. Army Officer Candidate School and U.S. Army Field Artillery School, Mathematical Applications to Artillery
BOB'S CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE
Bob Secrist has had a varied and extensive curriculum development experience.
- Mathematics and Computer Science: Course materials from middle school through community college.
- Interactive Television Instruction: Mathematical course materials for all levels of high school and community college
- Computer-based Mathematics Course: Developed and taught online courses for community college and Michigan Virtual High School in beginning algebra, intermediate algebra, statistics, finite mathematics and calculus.
- Online Mathematical Tutorials
- Individualized Mathematical Learning Modules
To enhance his tutoring capabilities, Bob Secrist brings to the table the following work assignments.
- From 1965 to 2010: Kellogg Community College
- From 1961 to 1964: North Scott High School, Eldridge, Iowa
- From 1956 to 1999: US Army & Army National Guard (Retired Brig. General)
Besides his teaching experience, Bob Secrist is active in professional associations so that he can remain current in teaching pedagogy.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges
- National Education Association
- Michigan Association for Higher Education
Recipient of 2014 Star Award Certificate for Kalamazoo community volunteerism.